Canceling your Citibank Credit Card is not a difficult process. If you decided to cancel or closed your Citibank Credit Card, then you are in the right place, where you will get proper instructions for a closed Citibank Credit Card. But to be very careful before you initiate the process.
Citibank credit cardholders can cancel their Citi credit cards at any time irrespective of the reasons. However, cardmembers need to take off a few things even before submitting their request for Citibank credit card cancellation.
If you’re looking for the process to terminate your card membership with the bank and the precautions you need to take before raising the request, continue reading.
How Do I Close My Citibank Credit Card Account?
To close your Card Account, you may call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking helpline OR Write to Citibank N.A. Mail Room, ACROPOLIS, 9th Floor, New Door No.148 (Old No.68), Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai – 600004.
- On the closure of your credit card account, any pending loan availed on the same will be pre-closed and the outstanding principal and the other applicable charges will be billed to your card account.
- The reward points accumulated on your card account should be redeemed within 45 days from the date of closure. The reward points can be redeemed against card outstanding or against Gift Vouchers available in the rewards catalog, subject to applicable terms and conditions. You can call 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking helpline.. or write to us to place a request to redeem reward points.
Things To Know Before Closing A Citibank Credit Card
There are a few things every credit cardholder needs to know before raising a request for canceling a Citibank credit card. Implementing whichever is applicable will help them have a smoother separation from the bank.
- Once Citibank receives a request for credit card cancellation or closure, it will convert the entire outstanding due on the card, pending loans, EMI facilities, balance transfers, and any other charges into due. Until and unless the cardholder clears all the pending dues, the credit card account will not be closed. As per the credit card cancellation terms and conditions, as soon as the cardmember applies for card cancellation he/she agrees to immediately pay the total outstanding due on the card. Hence, it’s mandatory to clear the dues to cancel the card.
- Any unused reward points on the credit card should be redeemed within 45 days of card closure. The points can be redeemed to clear the dues on the card or against any gift vouchers listed in the bank’s rewards catalog.
- After raising a request for card closure, the dues on the credit card cannot be transferred to another credit card.
How do I re-activate my closed card?
To re-activate your credit card, please write to us with a copy of the identity proof document and passport size photograph. The following are the valid identity proof documents:
- PAN card
- Adhaar card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving license
The above documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address or to: P.O. Box No. 4830, Anna Salai Post Office, Chennai – 600 002. On receipt of the above documents, your request for re-activation will be reviewed.
The decision to re-activate a card account will be processed after careful consideration of the Bank’s internal policies and operating procedures and will be done at the sole discretion of the bank.