According to Wikipedia – Meetup is a service used to organize online groups that host in-person events for people with similar interests. Meetup was founded in 2002 by CEO Scott Heiferman and four co-founders. It was popularized by Howard Dean’s 2004 political campaign.
If you decided that Meetup social site is no longer meeting your needs, you may be thinking it’s time for close. In that case, you may be wanting to delete your Meetup account. Luckily, your friends at TechBoomers have written an easy-to-follow tutorial for canceling your Meetup account.
Just follow our simple steps, or go through the detailed step-by-step guide with images if you need a little more direction. The short and sweet version of how to delete your Meetup account goes like this:
- Go to www.meetup.com in your web browser and log into your account.
- Click on your profile picture, and then select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete Your Meetup Account.
- Type your Meetup account password into the box provided, and then click the red Submit button.
Instructions for How to Deleting a Meetup Account Permanently
Here are only step by step process explaining how to delete meetup account/profile permanently.
- Go to www.meetup.com in your web browser and sign in to your Meetup account.
- Access your Meetup account settings.
- Scroll down to find the settings section that allows you to delete your account.
- Enter your Meetup password in the box provided.
- Confirm you would like to delete your account by clicking the Submit button.
Below each step explains thoroughly. Let’s have a look;
Step 1. Go to www.meetup.com in your web browser and sign in to your Meetup account.
Step 2. Access your Meetup account settings.
Click on your profile picture icon in the top-right corner of the website. Then click Settings in the drop-down menu that appears to access your account settings.
Step 3. Scroll down to find the settings section that allows you to delete your account.
At the bottom of your account settings page, find the section labeled “Your Meetup Account”. Click the orange link labeled Delete Your Meetup Account. From there, you will be taken to the final page.
4. Enter your Meetup password in the box provided.
Click in the text box highlighted in the screenshot below and enter the password you used to sign up for your account.
5. Confirm you would like to delete your account by clicking the Submit button.
The final step is to click Submit. Be sure that you want to do this, as all of your information will be taken off Meetup. This means that, if you decide you want to join Meetup again in the future, you will need to start over.