YouTube is one of Google’s most popular services. However, if you want to delete your YouTube account, you can do it.
Whether you have several videos on your YouTube channel that you want to delete or comments you left on other users’ videos that you don’t want to be associated with anymore, deleting your YouTube account’s content makes them all go away.
The result is that it appears as if you have no YouTube account, while still retaining your Google account. You can delete your YouTube account in a web browser or from the YouTube mobile app.
How to Delete a YouTube Account
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click the Account link at the top of the page.
- In the Account section at the bottom of the page, click Delete Account. This takes you to the Delete Account page.
- Enter the reason you’re closing the account. …
- Enter your current password.
- Click either of the Delete My Account buttons.
After the deletion of the YouTube channel, the data associated with the channel, such as watch time, will still be part of aggregate reports, but will not be attributed to the deleted channel. Apart from this, the channel URL and channel name will no longer be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics.